My Honors and Awards
My honors and awards include:
- In 2013 I was named to ISACA's International Privacy Task Force
- In 2012 I was named a Privacy by Design Ambassador
- I was named in the WorldWideLearn.com "Top 50 Law Professors on Twitter". And, as some of my Twitter friends pointed out, I'm the only one on the list who is not from a law firm; so that's cool!
- Runner-up for the 2011 EWF Women of Influence Award
- In 2011 Medicine E-Learning ranked my blog as one of the top 50 HIPAA blogs.
- Named one of the "Best Privacy Advisers" in two of three categories by Computerworld magazine in all the years they've published such a list, coming in at #3 as best individual in 2010 (2007, 2008, and 2010)
- Named "One of Eight Privacy Firms to Watch" by Computerworld magazine in April 2007
- In 2008 my blog was named one of the "Top 50 Internet Security Blogs" by the Daily Netizen
- I was named one of the "Top 59 Influencers in IT Security" for 2007 by IT Security magazine
- In 1991 I recommended creating, and was instrumental in subsequently building, the information security and privacy program while at Principal Financial Group. Under my tenure the program was awarded the 1998 CSI Information Security Program of the Year Award
- I have earned and maintain multiple professional certifications, including CIPP/US, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPM, CIPT, CISM, FLMI, and Ponemon Institute Fellow.